The rules listed below form the terms and conditions of the competition. Please note that by submitting an entry in any form of submission, you are deemed to have agreed to and accepted these rules.
- This competition is administered by the ‘International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’ organizing committee.
- The competition is open to citizens of all countries. Participants must be 18 or older.
- One entrant may submit maximum five entries (subject to category limitations) in total in the competition. As each entry will be handled separately, you need to fill out the online submission form for each entry if you chose to submit more than one entry.
- Competition submissions must not include any endorsements of products or services or any obscene, violent, racist or defamatory content. Incomplete entries or entries that do not comply with the formal specifications will be automatically disqualified.
- Submissions may also not be accepted into the contest if the film/image in the entry features an identifiable individual who has not given their consent to appear or if the image features advertising or trademarks.
The judges will look for a creative, engaging and inspiring submission. Your entry will be judged on:
- Relevance of your entry to the competition topics
- Creativity expressed
- Technical ability
- Persuasiveness of the entry
The organizers and judges reserve the right to remove any entries from the competition that they feel may breach any of the Competition Rules, the Terms and Conditions or may bring the competition into disrepute. Such entries will be disqualified.
Competitor must have full copyrights to the submitted material. The copyright of the materials submitted for this competition remains with respective participants. However, each entrant grants the Light of Asia Foundation and its partners the right to use the submitted materials in its local and international activities including Multiple Broadcast Rights, crediting the copyright owners.
- The closing date for entries is 15 March 2018, 23:59 SL Time.
- Proof of citizenship and age will be required from all competitors.
- Should an entry be the result of a team effort, the citizenship and age requirements shall apply to each team member. The team shall appoint one representative among its members.
- Ministry of Buddhasasana, National Film Corporation & Light of Asia Foundation employees/volunteers and all members of their immediate family are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Entries must be submitted through the completion of the designated form.
- Any entry submitted must be the work of the individual or team submitting it. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any films/photographs/paintings they submit has been created/taken with the permission of the subject(s) and/or venue/location and does not infringe the copyright of any third party. The entrant warrants that they own the copyright for the photographs and that their entry does not infringe the privacy rights, copyright or any other rights of any person. The entrant shall be liable and provide compensation in the event of any action, claim or proceedings brought against the ‘International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’ by a third party as a result of infringement of existing copyright caused by the entrant in participation to the competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree that the EEA shall be under no obligation to exploit, distribute and/or exhibit any submission and the entrants shall have no claim against the ‘International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’ in this regard.
- The appearance of the entry or any elements from the entry at a future event by the ‘International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’ is subject to the International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’s discretion.
- The International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The ‘International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’ can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered.
- Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The ‘International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival’ shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise, preventing entry to the competition.
- A list of winning entries will be available on the website for a period of at least 3 (three) months from the festival date of the competition. Entrants shall note that by submitting an entry, they are deemed to have agreed that if picked as a winner their name may be disclosed to any third party, when providing a list of the names of the entrants where requested.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time on notice.